Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Simply Delicious Buffalo Chicken Dip

I have simplfied this recipe, becasue I've seen this recipe layered in a dish, you can layer it, but it's much easier to mix it all together. The only thing that I will not do is use canned chicken. I took this recipe to a party and my dip was gone in 30 minutes, someone else brought a version of Buffalo Chicken Dip that was obviously made with canned chicken ... and they took most of it home. 'Nuff said.


Ingredients:


2-3 large boiled chicken breasts
(or bake at a very low heat, 300 for 40 minutes until cooked by not brown)
1-2 bricks of cream cheese
1/2 large bottle of Franks Hot Sauce (NO SUBSTITUES)
1/2 bottle (or more) of Blue Cheese or Ranch salad dressing
(I prefer the Blue Cheese, it's a richer taste, even if you do not like Blue Cheese this is really good)
2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese


Let chicken cool before cutting it up into small shreds. I shred my chicken so that you can dip with Tostitos. Put in large bowl and cover chicken COMPLETELY with Franks Hot Sauce (I usually use a little more than ½ of the large bottle).


Put chicken in the frig to marinate for about an hour (sometimes I do this the night before so it has a lot of time to marinate).


Place 1-2 blocks of cream cheese in pot on low heat or in the crock pot (or microwave it to soften) and simmer on LOW! When the cream cheese is mostly soft add about ½ bottle of blue cheese dressing or ranch and stir until blended.


If using a crock pot, add chicken and cheddar cheese and cook until bubbly.
I prefer this baked so I mix chicken and cream cheese mixture in a glass baking dish and top with shredded cheedar cheese. Cook at 350 for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly.


Serve with Tostitos or corn chips or melba toast - whatever you want.


The smaller the chicken the easier it is to use with tortilla chips so if using something other than chips like melba toast you can cut your chicken up larger.


Everything is to taste … want it hotter, add more Franks, want it cheesier add more cheddar, want it creamier add more cream cheese. This is very forgiving. I never measured anything and it usually turns out pretty darn awesome. You really can’t mess this up too much.


BUT YOU HAVE TO USE FRANKS – not Tabasco!


Found this one with monteray jack cheese - and recommended amounts.


And this one is a layered recipe - says she doesn't like the stuff all mixed up. Scroll down

No comments: